Fine-tune your inner voice. Live your life with purpose, hope and confidence.
What is Music Therapy? ♪
Music therapy is an evidence-based allied health profession in which music is used to support people and improve their health, functioning and well-being. Common goals include:
- Reduce stress
- Reduce anxiety and depression symptoms
- Regulate emotions
- Increase motivation
COMMUNICATION & SOCIAL GOALS
- Facilitate social interaction & sense of belonging
- Reduce loneliness
- Improve verbal and non-verbal skills
- Improve speech function
- Improve memory and attention function
- Increase self-awareness, impulse control
- Improve self-organisation and problem solving
- Improve sleep
- Improve gross and fine motor skills (limbs, entire body; fingers, wrists and feet)
- Facilitate respiratory muscle strength and control
You might have more burning questions in your mind right now… is music therapy effective? How much does music therapy cost? Find out more here.
TL;DR? watch this video here:
What Makes Strike A Chord Different? ♪
YOU ARE THE CREATOR.
You are the driver of this journey. At Strike A Chord Music Therapy, you will take an active role in making decisions. I adopt a non-directive approach that follows your preferences, pace and direction. Every session is tailor-made for you and a unique experience.
YOU ARE SAFE HERE.
Your safety is my #1 concern. That applies to both the virtual and the real world. I strive to provide a safe, secured space for you and make music therapy as accessible as possible. All sessions are held online (no, we don’t use ZOOM). No matter where you are located, you’re always one click away from getting support.
IT’S ALL ABOUT EMPOWERMENT.
Music therapy provides you agency: the ability to see yourself as a person capable of choosing, initiating, doing and accomplishing things in the world. It empowers you to take action to improve your quality of life on personal and interpersonal levels.
💼 WE ARE RESOURCEFUL.
I adopt an eclectic approach with a blend of:
Resource-Oriented Music Therapy
- Recovery is possible for everyone
- Everything you bring to the session is a health resource to be utilised
- Your participation
- Your music (and musical identity)
- Your environment (physical, social and emotional)
- It is collaboration, not intervention
- We focus on your strengths and positive experiences
- We enhance the concept of hope and emotional competence
- We help you unlock your full potential via establishing meaningful goals and a sense of agency